If you’re looking for a junior squash club that gives younger players the chance to play children of a similar age and/or standard, our PlaySquash sessions will suit you to a T! For new players, We will introduce them to the rules of the game and support them throughout. All equipment is supplied for new players – including rackets, balls and goggles. Beginners will use a ball suitable for their standard, to help them enjoy the game more.
We make sure to run each session using a variation on a specific type of competition format. For example, sometimes we organise matches in box leagues based on our junior squash ladder, we may run individual competitions, or alternatively, we might have a team competition.
The aim of a PlaySquash session is more than just to have fun (although that’s key to it all!). It’s also to give players the experience of playing different types of events, using both timed and scoring formats. Players learning how to cope with both winning and losing is a fantastic lesson that sport teaches us, especially a sport like squash. Our players learn how to handle both of them with control and manners. During the sessions, players will come up against players both not as good as them and better than them. They will learn how to work with others and set goals for themselves, which is a valuable life skill that we can help with.
It is recommended that players use PlaySquash sessions in addition to other play and practise – the more they play the better they’ll become!
JUNIOR SQUASH CLUB DETAILS:
- PlaySquash is a great introduction before going into our coaching programme.
- Each session is one hour long.
- Only fully qualified, insured and vetted coaches run PlaySquash sessions.
- Suitable for children aged 9 – 14 years.
- A simple drop in session, pay and play.
- Payment at the main Scotstoun Leisure Centre Reception – Just ask for the Junior Squash Club.
- No limit on how many can attend
- All standards welcome!